You served your country, now let us serve you with set-aside certification support so you can access special government contracts. SBAF can assist you with your VOSB or SDVOSB certification application through our free online training seminars, making it easy for you.
CVE certification support - Free
We are proud to offer application support free of charge to qualifying businesses.
In 2010 the Federal Government spent $8.7 billion dollars with SDVOSBC Certified firms.
This program was initially established with the Veterans Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development Act of 1999 establishing an annual federal spending goal of 3% for veteran owned businesses.
An additional modification took place in 2003 with the Veterans Benefits Act which established a procurement program for Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Concerns (SDVOSBC).
This procurement program provides that government contracting officers may restrict competition to SDVOSBC Certified firms and award a sole source or set-aside contract.
Set Aside Requirements and Exemptions for SDVOSBC
A Contracting Officer (CO) may set-aside requirements if:
- The contract is not exempted from SDV contracting.
- There is a reasonable expectation that at least two responsible SDVOSBC’s will submit offers on the contract.
- The anticipated award price of the contract will not exceed
- $5.0M for manufacturing requirement
- $3.0M for all other requirements
- The award can be made at fair market price.